CNN.com – RSS Channel – World CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- 0% intro APR until 2024 is 100% insaneon 22nd March 2023 at 4:48 am
- It’s official: now avoid credit card interest into 2024on 22nd March 2023 at 4:48 am
- Thailand to hold general election on May 14, poll body sayson 22nd March 2023 at 2:06 am
Thailand will hold elections on May 14, the national poll body said on Tuesday, a day after parliament was dissolved.
- Uganda parliament passes law criminalizing identifying as LGBTQon 21st March 2023 at 8:45 pm
Ugandan lawmakers have approved a law which imposes a punishment of up to 10 years in prison for identifying as LGBTQ+, among other things.
- Saudi Arabia releases dual US-Saudi citizen who was imprisoned for critical tweets about the kingdomon 21st March 2023 at 8:26 pm
Saudi Arabia released US-Saudi dual national Saad Ibrahim Almadi from prison, more than a year after he was arrested for tweets critical of the kingdom, Almadi’s son, Ibrahim, […]
- At least five dead after earthquake strikes Afghanistan and Pakistanon 21st March 2023 at 8:21 pm
A strong earthquake struck northeast Afghanistan on Tuesday, with tremors felt in cities in Pakistan and India.
- Ecuador opens terrorism investigation after journalists receive explosive devices in mailon 21st March 2023 at 8:05 pm
Ecuador’s public prosecutor has opened a terrorism investigation after at least five journalists received envelopes containing explosive devices.
- European markets recover despite further falls in bank stockson 20th March 2023 at 4:12 pm
Stocks in Europe rebounded from losses notched up earlier Monday, but bank shares were still down despite coordinated moves by central banks to boost the flow of US dollars […]
- Global banking crisis: What just happened?on 20th March 2023 at 12:10 pm
On March 10, the biggest failure of a US bank since the global financial crisis was playing out in real time as a major lender to the tech industry succumbed to a classic bank run.
- Silicon Valley Bank left a void that won’t easily be filledon 20th March 2023 at 10:57 am
It’s difficult to overstate the influence that Silicon Valley Bank had over the startup world and the ripple effect its collapse this month had on the global tech sector and […]
- World’s longest canal reopens after dramatic makeoveron 20th March 2023 at 2:31 am
When it comes to tourist attractions, a lot has happened in China over the last few years.
- Fed and other central banks try to head off crisis by keeping dollars flowingon 19th March 2023 at 9:54 pm
The US Federal Reserve and several other major central banks announced a coordinated effort Sunday night to boost the flow of US dollars through the global financial system with […]
- How Turkey’s devastating earthquake changed its tourist hotspotson 18th March 2023 at 9:13 am
It was shaping up to be a golden year for tourism in Turkey. With favorable exchange rates sweetening the deal for visitors, the country’s beautiful beaches, historic cities and […]
- First Republic is a hot mess. The reason has a lot to do with its wealthy clienteleon 17th March 2023 at 9:25 pm
It may seem surprising that First Republic, a midsize bank catering to wealthy clients in coastal states, became such a danger to the American banking system that the government […]
- The world’s greatest places of 2023, according to TIMEon 16th March 2023 at 6:03 pm
Gather round, some hot new travel inspo just dropped. TIME magazine has just released its annual list of the World’s Greatest Places, and we’re here to tell you the where, the why […]
- Hunter Schafer’s torso-baring look had more to it than meets the eyeon 15th March 2023 at 10:54 am
The three words that best describe Hunter Schafer’s Vanity Fair Oscars party look? Less is more.
- Major museums around the world are quietly re-labeling works from Russian to Ukrainianon 15th March 2023 at 7:50 am
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York has quietly reclassified some of its paintings. Two artists, once labeled Russian, are now categorized as Ukrainian and a painting by […]
- Michael Jordan’s 90s sneakers are expected to smash auction recordson 14th March 2023 at 6:54 pm
In 1998, Michael Jordan laced up a pair of his iconic black and red Air Jordan 13s to bring home a Bulls victory during Game 2 of his final NBA championship — and now the […]
- The gigantic metal monoliths standing in the deserton 14th March 2023 at 5:37 pm
Out in the hot, shimmering desert sands of western Qatar, something alien, colossal and very weird looms over the horizon.
- Lie-flat economy cabin concept could revolutionize air travelon 14th March 2023 at 12:27 pm
From a cabin concept that completely eradicates the middle seat to a swanky design that takes single-aisle aircraft business class to a new level, this year’s Crystal Cabin Awards […]
- Photographer took 40,000 shots to capture these extraordinary birdson 14th March 2023 at 11:50 am
“I’m willing, more than most people, to go through some discomfort.”
- Dutch historian finds medieval treasure using metal detectoron 10th March 2023 at 6:59 am
A Dutch historian found unique 1,000-year-old medieval golden treasure, consisting of four golden ear pendants, two strips of gold leaf and 39 silver coins, the Dutch National […]
- Nelly Cheboi, who creates computer labs for Kenyan schoolchildren, is CNN’s Hero of the Yearon 12th December 2022 at 10:38 am
Celebrities and musicians are coming together tonight to honor everyday people making the world a better place.
- CNN Heroes: Sharing the Spotlighton 10th December 2022 at 7:39 pm
- These were the best and worst places for air quality in 2021, new report showson 22nd March 2022 at 4:43 pm
Air pollution spiked to unhealthy levels around the world in 2021, according to a new report.
- Not only is Lake Powell’s water level plummeting because of drought, its total capacity is shrinking, tooon 21st March 2022 at 7:54 pm
Lake Powell, the second-largest human-made reservoir in the US, has lost nearly 7% of its potential storage capacity since 1963, when Glen Canyon Dam was built, a new report shows.
- Big-box stores could help slash emissions and save millions by putting solar panels on roofs. Why aren’t more of them doing it?on 20th March 2022 at 7:01 am
As the US attempts to wean itself off its heavy reliance on fossil fuels and shift to cleaner energy sources, many experts are eyeing a promising solution: your neighborhood […]
- Sign up to our newsletter for a weekly roundup of travel newson 10th December 2021 at 6:58 pm
- Donate now to a Top 10 CNN Heroon 26th November 2021 at 9:14 pm
Anderson Cooper explains how you can easily donate to any of the 2021 Top 10 CNN Heroes.