BBC News – World BBC News – World
- US tornadoes: Death toll grows as extreme storms ravage several stateson 2nd April 2023 at 7:31 am
One family in a badly hit town “prayed and said goodbye to each other” as a tornado hit.
- Pope Francis to lead Palm Sunday services day after leaving hospitalon 2nd April 2023 at 6:49 am
The 86-year-old, who was diagnosed with bronchitis, is back to work a day after being discharged.
- Finland election: Three-way race as Sanna Marin fights for survivalon 2nd April 2023 at 6:22 am
A tight race sees right-wing populists and conservatives vying for power with the PM’s centre left.
- Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou: The barefoot nun who became Ethiopia’s ‘piano queen’on 2nd April 2023 at 1:25 am
The extraordinary life of Ethiopian Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou, whose unique work captured a nation.
- It’s possible my family owned a UK MP’s ancestorson 2nd April 2023 at 1:11 am
Ex-BBC journalist Laura Trevelyan says it’s possible her family owned Clive Lewis’s ancestors.
- China’s loans to Africa worry World Bank President David Malpasson 2nd April 2023 at 1:07 am
The bank’s president David Malpass says more transparency is needed when providing economic help.
- Ukraine war: Where are Russia’s opposition leaders now?on 2nd April 2023 at 12:57 am
President Putin rules virtually unchallenged, with opponents forced to leave Russia – or worse.
- Drone video shows scale of US tornado wreckageon 2nd April 2023 at 12:49 am
One woman who was at a rock gig in Illinois says she narrowly avoided the roof caving in on her.
- Nazi monument at Swiss cemetery sparks controversyon 2nd April 2023 at 12:49 am
The origins of a long forgotten block of granite in the centre of a Swiss town spark controversy.
- ‘He’ll be our next president’: Florida protesters stay faithful to Trumpon 2nd April 2023 at 12:00 am
At small but vocal rallies near Mar-a-Lago, demonstrators vow to stand with Donald Trump.
- Andrew Tate: See luxury villa where brothers are under house arreston 1st April 2023 at 10:23 pm
The BBC’s Lucy Williamson looks at the compound where Andrew Tate and brother Tristan are confined.
- Fentanyl – a killer drug’s trail of destructionon 1st April 2023 at 9:51 pm
Americans are dying from fentanyl overdoses at an alarming rate. But the tragic story begins further south.
- Anger and anxiety – inside pro-Trump online networkson 1st April 2023 at 9:48 pm
Donald Trump called on his supporters to protest about his indictment – so how are they responding?
- Ukraine accuses Orthodox Church leader Pavel of pro-Russian stanceon 1st April 2023 at 5:20 pm
The abbot of Kyiv’s main monastery appears in court and denies backing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Two Iranian women arrested for not covering hair after man attacks them with yoghurton 1st April 2023 at 4:39 pm
The women seem to have been attacked for not wearing the hijab properly in public, which is illegal.
- Russia assumes UN Security Council presidency despite Ukrainian angeron 1st April 2023 at 4:32 pm
Ukraine’s foreign minister said Russia leading the UN Security Council is “the worst joke ever”.
- Iran: Tub of yoghurt thrown at unveiled women in shopon 1st April 2023 at 4:30 pm
CCTV footage from an Iranian shop shows a man attacking two women with a tub of yoghurt.
- The TikTok fears and their impact on Africaon 1st April 2023 at 8:34 am
Should African governments join the West’s chorus of concern over the Chinese-owned social media app?
- Watch: Four times US tornadoes were caught on cameraon 1st April 2023 at 7:56 am
Amateurs as well as TV crews filmed the tornadoes sweeping across several states.
- The ferry in the Netherlands hosting refugees and migrantson 1st April 2023 at 5:11 am
The Dutch government is hosting 900 migrants and asylum seekers on the Silja Europa passenger ship.
- Iowa tornadoes captured by eyewitness in caron 1st April 2023 at 3:37 am
Footage shows the tornadoes sweeping through Iowa – one of several states affected.
- Lazarus Heist: The intercontinental ATM theft that netted $14m in two hourson 1st April 2023 at 12:00 am
How criminals seemingly working for North Korea were able to plunder cashpoints in 28 countries.
- Tornado caught on camera moving across Little Rock, Arkansason 31st March 2023 at 10:29 pm
Nearly 70,000 people are without power in Arkansas, which is in a state of emergency.
- Andrew Tate and brother speak after release from custodyon 31st March 2023 at 10:04 pm
The controversial social media influencer was ordered to move to house arrest with immediate effect.
- The moment weather presenter spots tornado live on airon 31st March 2023 at 9:43 pm
Little Rock in Arkansas saw a strong tornado approaching during a weather report on KTHV.
- Maharashtra: The Lavani dancers fighting for their daughters’ futureon 31st March 2023 at 9:12 pm
These folk dancers from Maharashtra don’t want their daughters to learn the traditional dance – why?
- Boygenius: Being called a tortured artist is depoweringon 31st March 2023 at 12:06 am
How the indie supergroup smashed conventions and defied expectations on their debut album.
- Thailand’s extreme air pollution: ‘I feel sorry for my daughter’on 30th March 2023 at 9:14 pm
More than 1.3 million Thais have fallen ill this year from a spike in extreme air pollution.
- Martine Vik Magnussen: Billionaire’s son admits role in death to BBCon 28th March 2023 at 3:44 pm
Farouk Abdulhak, who fled to Yemen after the death of a student in London, admits his involvement.