BBC News – Home BBC News – Home
- Dover ferry delays: Long waits persist despite extra overnight Channel crossingson 2nd April 2023 at 7:32 am
Some people who arrived at the port on Saturday evening were still stuck there 14 hours later.
- US tornadoes: Death toll grows as extreme storms ravage several stateson 2nd April 2023 at 7:31 am
One family in a badly hit town “prayed and said goodbye to each other” as a tornado hit.
- Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin: Dillian Whyte analysis of heavyweight fighton 2nd April 2023 at 5:23 am
Dillian Whyte says Anthony Joshua is showing “signs of a fighter who doesn’t want to do it any more” after his points win over Jermaine Franklin.
- The Papers: ‘Vegan mob’ foiled and ‘care homes crisis’on 2nd April 2023 at 4:41 am
Activists plotting to sabotage the Grand National have been reported to police, the Mail on Sunday reports.
- Wayne Couzens should not get pension, London mayor sayson 2nd April 2023 at 3:39 am
Sarah Everard’s killer could qualify for the benefit but should be stripped of it, says Sadiq Khan.
- Child sex abuse: Failure to report crimes to be made illegalon 2nd April 2023 at 3:30 am
Ministers plan to compel teachers and social workers to flag up signs of abuse – or face sanctions.
- ‘It’s possible my family owned MP’s ancestors’on 2nd April 2023 at 1:11 am
Ex-BBC journalist Laura Trevelyan says it’s possible her family owned Clive Lewis’s ancestors.
- Jo Wilson legacy: ‘I want the world to talk about dementia’on 2nd April 2023 at 1:02 am
Bill Wilson wants better understanding of dementia after losing his wife Jo to the disease.
- Ukraine war: Where are Russia’s opposition leaders now?on 2nd April 2023 at 12:57 am
President Putin rules virtually unchallenged, with opponents forced to leave Russia – or worse.
- Nazi monument at Swiss cemetery sparks controversyon 2nd April 2023 at 12:49 am
The origins of a long forgotten block of granite in the centre of a Swiss town spark controversy.
- Food prices: How the humble shopping list is saving us moneyon 2nd April 2023 at 12:41 am
Soaring food prices mean some families are missing meals and desperate for deals, but preparation can help.
- Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin: Briton returns to winning ways with unanimous points winon 1st April 2023 at 11:55 pm
Anthony Joshua returns to winning ways with a unanimous points victory over Jermaine Franklin at London’s O2 Arena.
- Three British men are being held by Taliban in Afghanistanon 1st April 2023 at 10:27 pm
Two of the men were arrested on 11 January, a humanitarian organisation has confirmed.
- Andrew Tate: See luxury villa where brothers are under house arreston 1st April 2023 at 10:23 pm
The BBC’s Lucy Williamson looks at the compound where Andrew Tate and brother Tristan are confined.
- Sarah Polley told to return Oscar in ‘cruel’ April Fools’ prankon 1st April 2023 at 10:05 pm
The film-maker, who won an Oscar for Women Talking, got a letter asking her to “mail it back”.
- Man ‘acting suspiciously’ arrested near First Minister’s residenceon 1st April 2023 at 10:04 pm
Police were called after “suspicious” behaviour near the residence of Scottish first minister Humza Yousaf.
- Fentanyl – a killer drug’s trail of destructionon 1st April 2023 at 9:51 pm
Americans are dying from fentanyl overdoses at an alarming rate. But the tragic story begins further south.
- Anger and anxiety – inside pro-Trump online networkson 1st April 2023 at 9:48 pm
Donald Trump called on his supporters to protest about his indictment – so how are they responding?
- Miami Open 2023: Petra Kvitova beats Elena Rybakina in straight sets to win titleon 1st April 2023 at 9:38 pm
Petra Kvitova claims her maiden Miami Open title with an impressive straight-set victory over Elena Rybakina.
- Judy Blume worried about intolerance and book banning in the USon 1st April 2023 at 9:15 pm
Judy Blume says banning books “has become political… it’s worse than it was in the 80s”.
- IPL 2023: England’s Mark Wood takes five wickets in Lucknow Super Giants winon 1st April 2023 at 9:07 pm
England fast bowler Mark Wood takes five wickets as Lucknow Super Giants beat Delhi Capitals by 50 runs in the Indian Premier League.
- ‘I take responsibility’ – Chelsea’s Potter after Villa losson 1st April 2023 at 8:56 pm
Graham Potter accepts responsibility for Chelsea failings but former striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink supports him.
- Ken Buchanan 1945-2023: ‘One of Scotland’s greatest in any age & any sport’on 1st April 2023 at 5:29 pm
Ken Buchanan was of Leith and Edinburgh, but he was one of the most accomplished fighters the cruellest sport has ever known, writes Tom English.
- Laura Kuenssberg: Should we shut down AI?on 1st April 2023 at 2:51 pm
Should we worry about artificial intelligence, or embrace the possibilities it brings, asks Laura Kuenssberg.
- The ferry in the Netherlands hosting refugees and migrantson 1st April 2023 at 5:11 am
The Dutch government is hosting 900 migrants and asylum seekers on the Silja Europa passenger ship.
- Trump indictment: ‘I worry for the times ahead’on 1st April 2023 at 1:39 am
US voters tell the BBC how they feel about the historic indictment of a former US president.
- Trump and Stormy Daniels cash in on merchandise after indictmenton 1st April 2023 at 1:03 am
The adult film star pops the champagne as she says orders for T-shirts and other gear are “pouring in”.
- Trump will not appear in court in handcuffs – lawyeron 31st March 2023 at 9:42 pm
The former US president is to fly from Florida and turn himself in while surrounded by federal agents.
- What the Trump indictment means – a simple guideon 31st March 2023 at 10:53 am
Former US President Donald Trump is being charged with a crime. Here is what the case is about.
- Donald Trump: His four biggest legal problemson 31st March 2023 at 9:09 am
It can be difficult to keep track of the ex-president’s legal battles – here’s what you need to know.